The Aikyashree scholarship program, facilitated by the Government of West Bengal through the West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation (WBMDFC), is dedicated to supporting students from minority communities in pursuing higher education. Targeting individuals such as Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Parsis, and Jains residing in West Bengal, the program aims to alleviate financial barriers and promote education among these communities. By providing assistance to deserving students, Aikyashree contributes to fostering educational opportunities and inclusivity for minority groups in the region.
Aikyashree scholarship 2023-24
The Aikyashree scholarship launched by the West Bengal government through the WBMDFC in 1996, operates under the West Bengal Minorities’ Development and Finance Corporation Act. Dedicated to uplifting recognized religious minority communities such as Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains, and Parsees, the WBMDFC runs successful programs in economic welfare, scholarships, vocational training, mass awareness, and career counseling. These initiatives collectively strive to improve the economic well-being of minority individuals in the state. For more information on scholarships in India, you can refer to the provided link.
|Scholarship Scheme Name||Aikyashree Scholarship 2023|
|Department Name||West Bengal Minority Development & Finance Corporation|
|Beneficiaries||Students belonging to Minority Community (Buddhist, Sikh, Jain, Muslim, Parsi & Christian)|
|Eligible Students||Class 1 to PhD Course|
|Application Last Date||15 December 2023|
6290875550 (Technical Helpdesk)
|Invalid Bank Account Update||30 November 2023|
|West Bengal Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC ST Students||30 November 2023|
|West Bengal Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC||15 December 2023|
|Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minorities, West Bengal||15 December 2023|
|Hindi Scholarship Scheme, West Bengal||October to December|
|Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal||May to July|
|NMMS Scholarship||Last Date 30 November 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for Aikyashree Scholarship Programs
For the West Bengal Pre-matric Scholarship (SC/ST Students):
- Students must be domiciled in West Bengal.
- They should be enrolled in either Class 9 or 10.
- Students must belong to the SC or ST category.
- The annual family income should not exceed Rs. 2 lakh.
Regarding the West Bengal Post-matric Scholarship
- Applicants must be residents of West Bengal.
- They must fall into the SC, ST, or OBC category.
- Eligible students include those in Class 11, 12, Graduation, or Post Graduation.
- The annual family income should not exceed Rs. 1 lakh for OBC, Rs. 2 lakh for SC, and Rs. 2.5 lakh for ST category students.
For the Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship, West Bengal:
- Students must be domiciled in West Bengal.
- Applicants must be female.
- Candidates should have completed Class 12th from any recognized board.
- They should have aspirations to study Engineering, Medicine, or Basic Science at a reputable institution in West Bengal.
These are the essential documents required for applying to the Aikyashree scholarship program:
- Self-certified Community Certificate: This document verifies the applicant’s belonging to a recognized religious minority community (Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains, Parsees).
- Income Certificate: A certificate providing details of the family’s income, helping assess financial need for the scholarship.
- Fee Receipt for the Current Academic Year: Proof of payment or receipt for the current academic session, demonstrating the applicant’s enrollment.
- Self-attested Certificate of Previous Year’s Academic Performance: A document showcasing the applicant’s academic achievements in the preceding academic year.
- Residential or Domicile Certificate: A certificate confirming the applicant’s residency in West Bengal.
- Bank Account Particulars: Information about the applicant’s bank account for the scholarship disbursement.
- Passport-sized Photograph: A recent photograph of the applicant, typically used for identification purposes.
These documents collectively help assess eligibility and facilitate the application process for the Aikyashree scholarship, ensuring that deserving students from minority communities receive the necessary financial support for their higher education.
|Types of Scholarship & Courses||Total Scholarship Amount|
(Class 6 to 10)
(Class 11 and 12)
11 and 12 (technical and vocational courses of this level)
Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Medical Engineering, Management, Law, Chartered Accountant, etc. courses
Application Procedure Of Aikyashree Scholarship
- Go to the official website of the portal
- A new page will be appear in front of you.
- On the homepage, you are required to click on New Registration
- After then you will be redirected to a new page where you have to select your district
- After that application form will open before you
- You have to enter all the required details in this application form like your state, district, block, name, father name, mother name, gender, religion, date of birth, mobile number, savings account number, IFS code, etc
- Now you have to click on submit and proceed