BPSC Exam 2023 | Exam Name- BPSC Combined Competitive Examination (CCE) 2023 | Vacancies- 281 | Deadline- 20 December 2022 | Official Website- www.bpsc.bih.nic.in
Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has released the final dates for the 68th BPSC Prelims Exam 2022-23. The individuals can do the registration from 25 November and the last date for registration is 20 December 2022. Bihar Public Service Commission has the responsibility to select candidates for civil services. BPSC recruits eligible individuals for many administrative services. There are many posts for which recruitment is done such as Sub Divisional Officer, Rural Development Officer, District Sana Park Officer, etc. The 68th BPSC Recruitment 2023 process includes many exams that are conducted for the candidates to fill many state government posts. Applicants have to give these exams annually.
|Name of the Exam||BPSC Combined Competitive Examination (CCE) 2023|
|Conducted by||Bihar Public Service Commission, BPSC|
|Exam Level||Bihar Govt Job Preliminary Examination Mains Examination Interview|
|Duration of Exam||Preliminary Exam – 2 hours Mains Exam – 3 hours|
|Language||English & Hindi|
BPSC Exam Date 2023
|Starting Date of BPSC 68th Registration Starting Date||25 November 2022|
|Starting Date of BPSC 68th Registration Last Date||20 December 2022|
|BPSC 68th Pre-Exam Date||12 February 2023|
|BPSC 68th Pre-Result Date||27 March 2023|
|BPSC 68th Mains Exam Date||12 May 2023|
|BPSC 68th Mains Result Date||26 July 2023|
|BPSC 68th Interview Date||11 August 2023|
|BPSC 68th Final Result Date||09 October 2023|
BPSC Application Form
Candidates have to fill out the application form for the available posts. The application form will be available on the official website. Applicants have to fill out the form by entering all required details such as personal and educational details. Apart from this, a scanned photograph and signature have to upload along with the form. After that complete the payment procedure with the help of a debit card/credit card and internet banking. Check again the form before submitting the form.
BPSC Apply Procedure
- Firstly, go to the official website, onlinebpsc.bihar.gov.in
- The home page of the website will open on the screen.
- You will find BPSC Application Form on the screen.
- After that you have to click on the ‘Apply Online option.
- Then you have to fill out the Registration Form.
- After filling out the registration form, you will get a registration ID.
- Now login by entering your Registration ID.
- After that fill out the Application Form by entering all required details
- Upload all required documents, scanned photographs, and signatures.
- Complete the payment procedure.
- At last, submit the Application Form successfully.
Bihar Public Service Commission Vacancy
|Name of the Post||PayScale|
|Superintendent of Tax||Level-9|
|State Tax Assistant Superintendent||Level-9|
|Inferior Election Officer||Level-9|
|Planning District Magistrate||Level-9|
|Bihar Innovation Service||Level-9|
|Upper District Transport Officer||Level-7|
|City Executive Officer||Level-7|
|Labour Enforcement Officer||Level-7|
|Block Panchayat Raj Officers||Level-7|
BPSC Category-Wise Vacancy Details
BPSC Eligibility Criteria
Candidate should have done graduation from any recognized college or University. An individual should be a graduate of Mathematics/Civil, Engineering/Chemical engineering/Economics/ Natural Science/ Geology/Mechanical Engineering.
BPSC Age Criteria
The age for the general category is 37 years and OBC category candidates should be 40 years. Candidates who belong to SC and ST categories should be 40 years. Age relaxation will be given according to the government rules.
|Category||Male/ Female||Max. Age|
|Unreserved Category||Male||37 years|
|SC / ST Category||Both||42 years|
|Unreserved Category||Female||40 years|
|OBC Category||Both||40 years|
Physical Ability for Bihar Police
|Category||Chest (without expansion)||Height|
|For SC / ST||31 inches||5 ft 3 inches|
|For Others||32 inches||5 ft 5 inches|
|For Females||– – –||5 ft 2 inches|
BPSC Exam Pattern
BPSC Examination is conducted in two different parts Preliminary Examination and Main Examination.
A preliminary Examination is conducted for the candidates and it is an objective type exam. This paper has multiple-choice questions. The candidate has to select the appropriate answer from the given options. The exam will have 150 questions of 1 mark each. The duration of the exam will be 120 minutes.
The main exam will have 4 papers that are General Hindi, General Studies Paper- I, General Studies Paper II, and Optional Paper.
|General Hindi||100||3 hours|
|General Studies Paper- I||300|
|General Studies Paper-II||300|
BPSC Exam Interview Process
Candidates who qualified for the Main examination and prelims will be called for a personal interview. The authorities will take the interview for the final selection of the candidate. The final selection will be made according to the marks obtained in Prelims, main, and interview. So, the applicant also has to prepare themselves for the interview. They should be confident enough to face the interview panel.
Syllabus of Preliminary Examination
The Prelims of BPSC 2023 include the following subjects-
- General knowledge
- Current Events
- General Science
- India’s History and important characteristics of Bihar’s history
- Indian National Movement & Bihar’s role
- General Geography of India & Geographical Divisions of Bihar & its major river systems
- Indian Economy & Indian Polity & major changes in the economy of Bihar in the post-independence period
- General Mental Ability
Syllabus of Mains Examination
General Studies Paper – 1
- Modern history of India & Indian Culture
- Current events of National & International Importance & Statistical Analysis
- Graphs & Diagrams
- The Birsa Movement
- Champaran Satyagrah
- The Quit India Movement, 1942
- Features of Mauryan and Pal Art and Patna Qulam Painting.
General Studies Paper – 2
- Indian Polity
- Indian economy
- Geography of India
- The role & impact of science & technology in the development of India
- Animal Husbandry &Veterinary Science
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Political Science & International Relations
- Electrical Engineering
- Public Administration
- Indian History
BPSC Exam Admit Card
It is compulsory to carry admit card in the exam hall. The card can be downloaded from the official website. Admit cards will be downloaded by entering their name and registration number. Check all the details on the admit card after downloading it.
- Firstly, visit the official website of BPSE, www.bpsc.bih.nic.in
- Home page of the website will open on the screen.
- You will see Apply Online Click here on the screen.
- Then you will go to the next page.
- Click on the ‘BPSC Online Application ‘button.
- Enter your Username and Password and click the login button.
- You will see the admit card on the screen.
- You can take the printout of the Admit Card.
After the completion of the examination, the result will be uploaded on the official website. Candidates have to enter their Roll Number to check the result. Results can be checked after a month of the examination date.