CGPSC Syllabus 2023, Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission has released the CGPSC syllabus for the year 2023 on psc.cg.gov.in
Good news for the candidates who are preparing for CGPSC Exam that is conducted by Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission. The Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission has released the CGPSC syllabus for the year 2023. Now, the candidates can prepare more efficiently with the help of the detailed syllabus which we have provided you in this article. In this article, we will let you know the syllabus & updates about the CGPSC exam & syllabus. Do read the full article. The aspiring candidates will now achieve their target with the help of this syllabus. The candidates have to give the preliminary exam first & after passing in Prelims he/she can appear in the mains exam. The syllabus of both exams is provided in this article below. Through this syllabus, the candidates can prepare for entry-level administrative jobs for Grade A & Grade B officers.
About Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission
Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission also known as CGPSC is a state government agency that serves in Chhattisgarh state. CGPSC is founded on May 3, 2001. Its headquarters is in Atal Nagar, Chhattisgarh. CGPSC is responsible for conducting Competitive exams & civil services exams in the state of Chhattisgarh state. The current chairperson of CGPSC (Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission) is Ms. Reeta Shandilya (I.A.S).
Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission Exam Overview
|Organization||CGPSC (Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission)|
|Post name||Administrative Grade A & Grade B officers|
|No. of posts||Released Soon|
|Selection process||Preliminary Exam / Mains Examination|
|Starting date of application||Released Soon|
|Last date of application||Released Soon|
CGPSC Syllabus 2023- Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
CGPSC Syllabus 2023- Education Qualification
The candidate must have a degree from a recognized institution.
- Minimum age – 21 years
- Maximum age – 30 years
CGPSC Exam Number of Attempts
- No limit on the number of attempts for this exam for any category candidate.
- No experience is required for the CGPSC exam or posts.
- Freshers are welcome here!
CGPSC Syllabus 2023- Documents Required
- Aadhar card
- Educational mark sheet
- Birth certificate
- Community or Caste certificate
- Permanent resident certificate
- Passport size Photograph
- Computerized Signature
CGPSC Syllabus 2023 Selection Process
The applicant has to go through the written below steps to get selected for CGPSC Recruitment 2023 –
- Prelims Examination
- Mains Examination
- Document & Certificate verification
CGPSC Exam Syllabus 2023
The CGPSC (Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission) exam will be conducted in 2 rounds. The 1st round is named as Prelims exams & the 2nd round is named as Mains exam. Both rounds will be conducted in written form. The prelims exam has 2 papers which are General Studies & Aptitude Test whereas the mains exam has 7 papers which include language, essay, History & constitution, Science & Environment, Geography & Economics, Mathematics & logical reasoning, Sociology & philosophy. Below we have provided you with the syllabus of both exams.
Syllabus For CGPSC Preliminary Exam 2023
The papers for the Preliminary exam are –
- Paper 1 – General Studies
- Paper 2 – Aptitude Test
- Duration of the exam will be 120 minutes (2 Hours).
- The question paper will have objective type multiple choice questions.
- There will be a negative marking for every wrong question.
- Minimum qualifying marks for the unreserved category is 33% & for the reserved category is 23%.
- Candidates are selected for mains based on this exam.
- Marks obtained in this paper will not be considered at the time of merit for shortlisting.
|Paper 1||General Studies||100||200||2 hours|
|Paper 2||Aptitude Test||100||200||2 hours|
PAPER 1 (GENERAL STUDIES)
- Indian Philosophy, Art, Literature & culture
- History of India & Indian national movement
- Indian economy
- Physical, Social & economic geography of our country
- General science & technology
- Constitution of India & polity
- Environmental studies
- Current affairs & sports
PAPER 2 (APTITUDE TEST)
- Administrative structure, local government & Panchayati raj of Chhattisgarh
- History & Contribution of Chhattisgarh to the freedom movement
- Tribes, special traditions, teej & different festivals of Chhattisgarh
- Geography, Climate, Physical Status, Census reports, Archeological & tourist centers of Chhattisgarh
- Economy, Forest & agricultural status of Chhattisgarh
- Literature, Music, Dance, Art, Culture, Idioms & proverbs
- Current affairs of Chhattisgarh
- Industry of Chhattisgarh, Energy, Water, Mineral resources of Chhattisgarh
Syllabus for CGPSC Mains Exam 2023
The papers for the Mains exam are –
Paper 1 – Language paper
Paper 2 – Essay paper
Paper 3 – History, Constitution & Public Administration
Paper 4 – Science, Environment, & Technology
Paper 5 – Geography & Economics
Paper 6 – Sociology & Philosophy
Paper 7 – Mathematics & logical reasoning
CGPSC Mains Paper 1
Language Paper – The language paper will have 2 parts that are Part A & Part B.
PART A – General Hindi: Hindi comprehension, Precis writing, Synonyms & Antonyms, Homophones, One word for several words.
PART B – General English: Comprehension, Precis Writing, Re-arrangement & correction of sentences, Prepositions, Active voice & Passive voice, Parts of speech.
CGPSC Mains Paper 2
Essay Paper – The essay paper will have 2 parts that are Part A & Part B. The candidates have to write an essay on 2 topics in around 700-800 words.
PART A – Essay topic – International and national level issue
PART B – Essay topic – Chhattisgarh state-level issue
CGPSC Mains Paper 3
History, Constitution & Public Administration – This paper will have 3 parts.
PART 1 – History of India: pre-historic age, Empires, Indus Civilization, Marathas, etc.
PART 2 – Constitution & Public Administration, Constitutional Development of India, etc.
PART 3 – History of Chhattisgarh etc.
CGPSC Mains Paper 4
Science, Environment, & Technology – This paper will consist of 3 parts.
PART 1 – General science – Physics, Chemistry & Biology
PART 2 – Mental Aptitude – Profit & loss, Commercial mathematics, Coding, etc.
PART 3 – Applied & Behavioral Science – Solid waste, Management, Energy & Resources.
CGPSC Mains Paper 5
Geography & Economics – This paper will consist of 3 parts.
PART 1 – Economics of India & Chhattisgarh, Monetary policy, etc.
PART 2 – Geography of India, Industries in India, Agriculture, etc.
PART 3 – Geography of Chhattisgarh, Mineral Resources, etc.
CGPSC Mains Paper 6
Sociology & Philosophy – This paper will also consist of 3 parts.
PART 1 – Philosophy: Buddha, Samkhya, Yoga, Nyaya, Nature of Philosophy, etc.
PART 2 – Sociology: Social Organization, Stratification, Disorganization, etc.
PART 3 – Social aspects of Chhattisgarh: Constitutional System, Folk Arts, etc.
CGPSC Mains Paper 7
Mathematics & Logical Reasoning – This paper will also consist of 3 parts.
PART 1 – Welfare development program & laws
PART 2 – Organization and events, National & International sports
PART 3 – The role of human development and national & international educational institute.
Procedure to Apply for CGPSC Exam 2023
- First, you have to visit the official website psc.cg.gov.in of the Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission.
- Then on the homepage, go to the candidates’ registration option & sign up on the website.
- After signing up, find the CGPSC exam for administrative Grade A & Grade B officers & click on it.
- An application form will appear on the screen.
- Fill in the details in the application form & upload the required documents, photograph, and signature.
- After filling or checking everything, click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button.
- Then you have to pay the application fees (if any) through online payment mode.
- Now, you have successfully applied for CGPSC administrative Grade A & Grade B officers.