Glenn Maxwell Biography born on October 14, 1988, is a prominent Australian cricketer known for representing his country in Test matches, One Day Internationals (ODIs), and Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is). At 35 years old in 2023, Maxwell’s zodiac sign is Libra, and he follows the Christian faith. His dynamic and versatile playing style has made him a valuable asset to the Australian cricket team across formats.
Glenn Maxwell Biography
Australian cricketer Glenn Maxwell Wiki has been a consistent presence in the professional cricket arena since 2012, showcasing his skills across all formats. While excelling in One Day Internationals and Twenty20 Internationals, Maxwell initially stepped into professional cricket in 2010, making his mark with Victoria in the Twenty20 Big Bash. His journey has since seen him become a key figure in Australian cricket, contributing with both bat and ball across various formats.
|Nickname||The Big Show|
|Real Name||Glenn James Maxwell|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1988|
|Place of Birth||Kew, Victoria, Australia|
Who is Glenn Maxwell cricket prowess was particularly evident in the 2015 World Cup match against Sri Lanka, where he etched his name in history by scoring the second-fastest century in World Cup history—102 runs off just 52 balls. Renowned for his inventive and dazzling shot-making, Maxwell has consistently been a standout performer in the shorter formats of the game. In 2016, he achieved another milestone by recording the fourth-highest score in Twenty20 Internationals against Sri Lanka, remaining unbeaten with a remarkable 145 runs off 65 balls. These feats underscore Maxwell’s reputation as a dynamic and explosive cricketer.
Glenn Maxwell Batting Stats
Glenn Maxwell Early & Personal Life
Glenn Maxwell hails from a family deeply rooted in sports, with his mother, Joy Maxwell, being a former squash player and his father, Neil Maxwell, having played for Victoria in the 1980s. Cricket runs in the family, as Glenn’s two brothers, Ben and Daniel, are also involved in the sport.
In his personal life, Maxwell tied the knot with his long-time partner, Vini Raman, in a private ceremony on March 20, 2022. The couple had announced their engagement on Instagram in February 2020, after dating for over two years. Maxwell’s marriage led to his absence from the tour of Pakistan. Vini Raman, of Indian origin, comes from a Tamil family and works as a pharmacist in Melbourne. The Australian cricketer’s family background and personal life add interesting dimensions to his cricketing journey.
Glenn Maxwell Education & Career
Details about Glenn Maxwell’s specific educational background, including the name of his secondary school and college, are not widely available in the public domain. However, it is known that he was born in Victoria and played junior cricket with South Belgrave UCC.
In terms of his cricketing journey, Maxwell initially began as a fast bowler but later gained recognition for his all-round skills. He joined the Victorian team in 2010, and his success in the Hong Kong Cricket Sixes competition contributed to Australia winning the title, earning him the Player of the competition award.
Maxwell’s talent was further showcased in the Emerging Players Tournament in 2010, where he made a significant impact. His impressive performances, including a 23-ball 59 against India and a century (110 off 52 balls) against South Africa, demonstrated his prowess with the bat. These achievements marked the early stages of Maxwell’s cricketing career, highlighting his ability to make substantial contributions on the field.
Glenn Maxwell’s Net Worth
Glenn Maxwell is indeed a renowned Australian all-rounder known for his explosive batting abilities. While the claim about him having the record for most victories over Australia in games lost may need clarification, it’s acknowledged that Maxwell is a valuable asset to the Australian cricket team.
Regarding his net worth, as of my last knowledge update in January 2022, specific figures can vary, and it’s advisable to refer to the latest sources for the most accurate information. It’s plausible that his net worth has increased significantly, given his prominence and success in cricket. Cricket serves as Maxwell’s primary source of income.
As for his residence, the mentioned lavish property with an estimated value of 10 crore Indian rupees adds a personal touch to his connection with Australia. The details about his net worth and property acquisition are aspects that may have evolved since my last update, so checking more recent sources for the latest information would be prudent.
Glenn Maxwell’s Awards
- In the 2010 Hong Kong Cricket Sixes competition, Maxwell was awarded the “Player of the Tournament,” showcasing his outstanding skills in the abbreviated format of the game.
- In the 2011 “Ryobi One-Day Cup,” he set a new record for Australia’s fastest domestic half-century scorer.
- During an ODI match against India in 2013, Maxwell set a record for the joint-fastest 50 for Australia.
- In the 2014 Indian Premier League (IPL), Maxwell’s stellar performances earned him the “Man of the Match” award four times.
- In the 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup, he achieved the “fastest ODI century by an Australian” and the “second-fastest century in World Cup history.”
- During Australia’s tour of Sri Lanka in 2016, Maxwell made history by becoming the first player to score a century in his debut T20I match as an opening batsman and recorded the second-highest individual score in T20I history.
- In a test match against India in 2017, Maxwell joined an exclusive group of players by registering centuries in all three forms of the game.
- In February 2019, during Australia’s T20 tour of India, he broke the record as the first Australian and the third-best cricketer globally to score three T20 hundreds. Additionally, he was named both the Man of the Match and the Man of the Series in the same series.