NMNF Portal Registration, naturalfarming.dac.gov.in Login, National Mission on Natural Farming Benefits, Features, NMNF Portal Apply Online
The green revolution technologies have completely changed the scenario of food production in India. Before the green revolution farming in India is done using natural products. But due to the green revolution and the increased use of chemical inputs such as fertilizers, pesticides, etc. And exploitation of natural resources led to a decline in soil health and fertility. To solve this problem Ministry of Agriculture launched the National Mission on Natural Farming Portal (NMNF) also known as Bhartiya Prakritik Krishi Paddhati (BPKP). In this portal, farmers will get knowledge about the Natural Farming mission, Implementation outline, resources, implementation progress, farmer registration, etc. Interested farmers can register on NMNF Portal by visiting the official website that is naturalfarming.dac.gov.in
In this article, we will tell you about NMNF Portal (National Mission on Natural Farming), its objective, its key highlights, How to register, its NMNF portal feature, and Bhartiya Prakritik Krishi Paddhati (BPKP) benefits. And if you have any doubts you can comment below we will try to solve them.
About NMNF Portal
NMNF Portal was launched by Agriculture Minister Mr. Narendra Singh Tomar on 3rd November 2022. For making it easy for the farmer for selling their products the Agriculture Minister said the officers to coordinate with the state government and central government departments and enable market linkage. The main motive for launching this portal is to increase the use of the natural substance for farming instead of synthetic chemicals which is cheap and easily available in markets. Due to the use of chemical substances by farmers, declines in the quality, fertility, and health of the soil. And Chemical inputs also deplete, natural resources and infected the environment, water, and food.
naturalfarming.dac.gov.in Key Highlights
|Portal Name||NMNF portal (National Mission on Natural Farming)|
|Launched by||Agriculture Minister Mr. Narendra Singh Tomar|
|Ministry||Ministry of Agriculture|
|Launched Date||3rd November 2022|
|Objective||To focus on natural farming|
NMNF Portal Objective
- The main objective of launching this portal is to restore the health and fertility of the soil which is declining due to the excessive use of chemical pesticides, pesticides, etc. during the green revolution.
- NMNF portal will teach the farmer about natural farming practices which are largely based on biomass recycling, biological rejuvenation of natural nutrient cycles, and focused on the usage of on-farm plant and livestock-based inputs and decreased the production cost and increase the farmer’s income.
- Natural farming practices shown incredible results on farmer field such as enriching the soils with organic carbon, increased microbial activity, increased activity of earthworm which lead in the restoration of natural nutrient cycles, improved water holding capacity and increased biological activity in the field.
NMNF Portal Features and Benefit
- NMNF portal was launched by Agriculture Minister Mr. Narendra Singh Tomar on 3rd November 2022.
- This portal focuses on the alternative system of farming for freedom from externally purchased inputs, cost reduction, and which in turn increased the farmer’s income.
- It focuses on increasing the integrated agriculture-animal husbandry models based on desi cow and local resources.
- This portal will collect, validate and document Natural farming practices being practiced in various parts of the country and encourage participatory research with farmers for future scaling up.
- NMNF portal will undertake the activities for awareness creation, capacity building, promotion, and demonstration of natural farming.
- National Mission on Natural Farming portal is creating standards, certification procedures, and branding for Natural Farming products for national and international markets.
- A roadmap to increase natural farming has been made by the Jal Shakti Minister and they also discovered 75 Sahakar Ganga villages in the first phase by signing an MoU with Sahkar Bharti and training has been given to the farmers
Bhartiya Prakritik Krishi Paddhati (BPKP) Features and Benefit
- Bhartiya Prakritik Krishi Paddhati (BPKP) is a submission under the Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY).
- The main of BPKP is to promote traditional indigenous practices of farming which give freedom to farmers from externally purchased inputs.
- Bhartiya Prakritik Krishi Paddhati (BPKP) focuses on on-farm biomass recycling with major stress on biomass mulching, use of cow dung-urine formulation, and exclusion of all synthetic chemical inputs either directly or indirectly.
- The schemes have a total budget of Rs 4645.69 crore for the period of six years starting from 2019-20 to 2024-25.
- In this scheme farmers will be providing financial assistance of Rs 12200/ha for 3 years is provided for cluster formation, capacity building, and continuous handholding by trained personnel, certification, and residue analysis with a vision of covering 12 lakhs ha in 600 major blocks of 2000 hectare in different states.
Procedure for Registration on NMNF Portal
Follow below steps for NMNF portal registration.
- First, you have to visit the official website of launched National Mission on the Natural Farming portal (NMNF) which is naturalfarming.dac.gov.in
- On the Homepage visit the Natural Farmer community.
- A dropdown list will appear where you have to click on Join us icon.
- Now the registration form for launched National Mission on Natural Farming portal (NMNF) will open.
- Fill out the registration form by entering all the required details such as type, name, state, district, pin code, etc.
- Finally click on submit button.
- Now you are successfully registered on launched National Mission on Natural Farming portal (NMNF).