OPSC Statistical Officer Recruitment 2023, OPSC released 33 vacancies for Statistical Officer on www.opsc.gov.in, Apply before January 30, 2023
An official notification has been issued for the candidates for the posts of Statistical Officers in Group B of the Odisha Subordinate Statistics and Economic Service. The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has made the notification available on the official website. With the help of the notification, the candidates will be able to know about the entire recruitment procedure such as eligibility criteria, exam pattern, selection process, final dates, syllabus, number of vacancies, salary scale, and application process. Interested individuals can apply online from December 30, 2022, and the last date to apply for the posts is January 30, 2023. There are about 33 vacancies available for statistical officers. The department is looking for eligible and qualified candidates to fill the available vacancies for statistical officers.
OPSC Statistical Officer Recruitment 2023 Overview
|Name of Organization||Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC)|
|Post Name||Statistical Officer|
|Apply Date||December 30, 2022|
|Last Date||January 30, 2023|
Statistical Officer Vacancy Details
OPSC Statistical Officer Recruitment 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The interested individual must be a citizen of India
Statistical Officer Age Limit
The minimum age limit of the candidates should be 21 years and the maximum age must be 38 years.
OPSC Statistical Officer Recruitment Application Fees 2023
Applicants don’t have to pay any fee to apply for the posts.
Statistical Officer Educational Qualification
- An individual who is interested in the available vacancies should graduate with Honors in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Application, Physics, Economics, Applied Economics, Agricultural Economics, Sociology, or Econometrics. It also required to have a degree in Commerce with distinction.
- The candidate should know how to speak, read & write Odia and should have passed a test in Odia equivalent to Class-Vll standard.
OPSC Recruitment 2023 Selection Process
The selection process includes the written examination and viva-voce test. The candidates will be selected according to their performance in the written examination and viva-voce test.
- Written Examination– the officials will be conducting the written test for the candidates and the exam will be for 400 marks. The written exam will have two papers: Paper I and Paper II. Paper I will be 200 marks and the time duration of the exam will be two hours. Paper II will also be of 200 marks and the time limit to complete the exam will be three hours. The pattern of both the question paper will be objective type and MCQ. Negative marking will be done for every wrong answer.
- Viva-Voce Test– after the completion of the written test, the candidates will be called for the Viva-voce test. This Viva-voce test will be 100 marks. It is necessary to attempt this test for the candidates.
Syllabus for the Post of Statistical Officer
Paper-I (Objective and Multiple Type)
- General Intelligence: The test may have questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem-solving, analysis, judgment, decision-making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, etc.
- General Awareness: Questions in General Awareness will test the candidate’s General Awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Candidates will also be asked questions to test knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person.
The test will also have questions about History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, the Indian Constitution, Sports, Literature, Scientific Research, Basics/fundamentals of computers, etc.
- English Language & Comprehension: In this, the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of the English Language will be tested and
It will be based on error recognition, fill-in-the-blanks (using verbs, prepositions, articles, etc), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases, and Idiomatic use of Words, etc. The standard of the questions will be only of 10+2 level.
Paper-Il: (Objective and Multiple Type)
- Compilation, Classification, tabulation of Statistical Data, and Graphical presentation of data.
- Measures of central tendency, measures of dispersion, measures of association and contingency, scatter diagram, correlation coefficient, rank correlation coefficient, and linear regression analysis (for two or more variables) excluding partial correlation coefficients.
- Probability, Probability Distributions, Binomial, Poisson, and Normal distribution.,
- Principles of sampling, simple random sampling, stratified sampling, systematic sampling, etc). Index Numbers, Time series analysis — components of variation and their estimation.
- Testing of Hypothesis- Concept of Hypothesis, Types of error in testing, Critical Region and level of significance, small and large samples. Fundamental idea on Chi-square Test, T-test, and F —test.
- Vital Statistics- Collection of vital statistics- Measures of Mortality and Fertility rates, life tables, and Population growth.
- Micro Economics- Demand and Supply Analysis, including Laws and Interaction of Demand and Supply. Production Function and Laws of Returns. Characteristics of various Market Forms and Price Determination under such Market Forms. Theory of Factor Pricing — Rent, Wage, Interest, and Profit.
- Money Banking- Nature and Functions of Money, Value of Money, Fluctuations in the value of Money Inflation and Deflation, Monetary Policy, Index Number.
- Public Finance – Nature. Scope and importance of Public Finance. Taxation- Meaning, Classification, and Principles of Taxation, Incidence of Taxation. Budget: Meaning and its importance in developing Countries.
- Indian Economics- Profile of Human Resources — Population and Economic Development, Demographic Profile of India, Nature of Population Problem — Poverty, Inequality, Unemployment Problem, Labor Problem, Population Control, and Government Policy.
- Problems of Economic Development – Indian Planning — Objectives, Techniques and its evolution, Five Year Plans and Role of National Development Council. New Economic Policy and Welfare Schemes. New Economic Policy and Welfare Schemes.
Mathematics (10+2 level)
- Algebra- Algebra of sets, relations, and functions, Inverse of a function, equivalence relation. Simple and Quadratic equations.
- Algebra of Matrices- Determinants, Simple properties of determinants, Multiplication of determinants of orders two and three, Singular and non-singular matrices. The inverse of a matrix, Rank of a matrix, and application of matrices to the solution of linear equations (in three unknowns).
- Differential and Integral Calculus- Limit, continuity, and differentiability of functions, successive differentiation, derivatives of standard functions, Maxima, and Minima of functions of one and two variables.
- Logarithms- Rules and Properties of Logarithm. Use of Log and Antilog tables.
Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel. PowerPoint), MS Access, Usage of Internet Services.
OPSC Statistical Officer Salary Scale
The candidates who will be selected will get a salary of Rs 44,900/- in Level 10.
OPSC Statistical Officer Recruitment Place of Examination
The Written Examination will be conducted at Cuttack / Bhubaneswar. Any Request for a change of Examination Centre will not be accepted.
OPSC Statistical Officer Recruitment 2023 Procedure to Apply Online
- Firstly, go to the official website, www.opsc.gov.in
- The home page of the website will open on the screen.
- You will find a notification on the screen, read it properly.
- After that click on apply now option.
- First, register yourself by entering your Email ID and Mobile Number.
- Now login by entering these credentials.
- The application form will open on the screen.
- Fill out the form by entering the required details.
- Then upload the images of required documents, recent photographs, signature, and left thumb impression. The Size of the photograph (passport size) (Max size–150 KB), the Size of the signature should be a Max size–of 150 KB, and the Size of the Thumb impression must be (Max size – of 150 KB).
- Complete the Payment of Application Fees.
- Re-check the filled form before final submission.
- At last, click on the submit option.
- You can take Print off the Application Form for future use.