UPSC Indian Forest Service 2023 | Indian Forest Service Examination will be conducted on May 28, 2023, Applicant can apply before February 21, 2023, on the ifs.nic.in
There is good news for candidates as the date for the Indian Forest Service Examination is decided. Indian Forest Service Examination will be conducted on May 28, 2023. The Indian Forest Service (IFS) 2023 Notification will be soon released for candidates. All interested individuals will be able to see the notification on the official website from February 01, 2023. With the help of the notification, individuals will be aware of the full recruitment processes such as eligibility, exam pattern, final dates, and syllabus. Indian Forest Service examination will be conducted with the motive to select the eligible candidates for the posts under the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct IFS (Prelims) Examination on May 28, 2023, and the main examination in November 2023. The IFS examination will include three stages Prelims, Mains, and Interview. Individual who wants to work in Indian Forest Service can apply for the posts before the last date. The selected candidates will be recruited for the service of Environment, Forests, and Climate Change.
Firstly, the interested applicant has to appear for the Prelims examination and then for the Mains examination. After that qualified candidates will be called for the interview round. The authority will conduct a personal interview round for the final selection of the candidates. It is expected that there will be around 90 vacancies available for the post.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam Dates
|Event Name||Important Dates|
|Notification Released Date||February 01, 2023|
|Last Date to Submit the Exam form||February 21, 2023|
|Admit Card (Prelims)||May 2023|
|IFS 2023 Exam Date of prelims||May 28, 2023|
|Result of Prelims||June 2023|
|Admit Card (Mains)||October 2023|
|IFS Exam Date 2023 of Mains||November 2023|
|Result Announcement||December 2023|
UPSC IFS Highlights
|Exam Name||UPSC IFS 2023|
|Full-Form||Indian Forest Service Exam|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Application Mode||Online Mode|
|Exam Mode||Offline Mode|
|Number of Vacancies||To be announced|
|Number of Attempts||6|
UPSC Indian Forest Service Eligibility Criteria
The candidate should be a citizen of India.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Educational Qualifications
- The candidate who wants to apply for the post must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Individuals should have a degree with a specialization in one of the subjects specifically, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, and Zoology.
- Individual who has a Bachelor’s certification in Agriculture Forestry or Engineering can also apply for the exam.
Indian Forest Service Age limit
The minimum age limit of the candidate should be 21 years and the maximum age limit should be 32 years. Age relaxation will be given according to government rules and regulations.
|Ex. Servicemen||5 years|
|Ex. Defence Services||5 years|
|Differently-abled Candidates||10 years|
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam Number of Attempts
Individual who belongs to the General and Other Backward Caste (OBC) category are permitted 6 Attempts whereas there is no restriction for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates. People of Other Backward Classes and Physically Challenged will be given 9 chances.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Application Fee
General and OBC candidates should pay Rs 250 and ST/SC and females don’t have to pay anything.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam Pattern
IFS Preliminary Examination
|Papers||Subject||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper-I||General Studies||200||2 hrs|
|Paper-II||Civil Services Aptitude Test||200||2 hrs|
IFS Mains Examination
|Paper-II||General Studies – I (Indian Heritage & Culture, History & Geography of the World & Society)||250|
|Paper-III||General Studies – II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice & International Relations)||250|
|Paper-IV||General Studies – III (Technology, Economic Development, Biodiversity, Security & Disaster Management)||250|
|Paper-V||General Studies – IV (Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude)||250|
|Paper-VI||Optional Subject – Paper I||250|
|Paper-VII||Optional Subject – Paper II||250|
UPSC Indian Forest Service Interview
The candidates who will qualify for the main exam will be called for an interview. The individual will face the panel and answer the questions asked of them. The individual should be confident to answer all questions.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Salary
Individuals will be given a salary according to the designation and place of posting. Some other benefits and allowances will be given to the selected candidates like Transport Allowance, Provident Fund, and Contributory Pension Fund.
|Job Profile||Annual Pay|
|Assistant Inspector General of Forest||Rs.10,00,000/-|
|Deputy Inspector General of Forest||Rs.12,00,000/-|
|Inspector General of Forest||Rs.13,00,000/-|
|Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forest||Rs.14,00,000/-|
|Principal Chief Conservator of Forest||Rs.15,00,000/|
UPSC Indian Forest Service Process for an Application Form
- Go to the official website of UPSC, www.upsc.gov.in
- The home page will open on the screen.
- You will see the “What’s New” section on the home page, click on it.
- A new page will open on the screen.
- Click on the “New Registration” option on the new page.
- Now Register by entering your email address and mobile number.
- After registration, the application number and password will be generated.
- Then fill out the application form by entering personal, educational, and communication details.
- Now upload the scanned copies of the photograph, signature, and all the asked documents.
- Recheck the filled form before submission.
- Now complete the payment procedure by Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
- At last, click on submit option.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Admit Card
A few days before the exam, the admit card will be uploaded to the website. Candidates who have applied for the exam can download their admit cards by visiting the website. It is necessary to take admit card for the exam. The details mentioned on the admit card are the name of the candidate, roll no, father’s name, venue, and time of exam.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Procedure to Download the Admit Card
- Go to the official website of the UPSC, www.upsc.gov.in
- The home page will open on the screen.
- You will find the IFS Exam Admit Card Link, under the important announcements, click on it.
- Now you have to enter your registration ID and password in the space given.
- The admit card will open on the screen.
- Download and take print of the admit card.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Answer Key
The answer key will have all the answers to the questions that are asked in the exam. The authority will upload the answer key on the official website.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Result
The result will be updated after the exam on the website. The result of the exam will be announced separately for Prelim and Mains. Firstly, the result of Prelim will be announced then of Mains. The candidates can see the result on the website by entering their Name and roll no. The final list of the selected candidates after the interview will be uploaded on the official website. The details available on the result are the Name of the candidate, father’s name, subject, to, and marks obtained in the examination.